Master of Science in Nursing – Rural Health Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
Manage common illnesses and injuries and provide your patients with education for healthy living as a family nurse practitioner. EKU believes in high quality education and strives to prepare nurses who provide much needed health care to the citizens of their communities. Our dedication shows in EKU’s proud history of a 100% pass rate on national certifying exams.
Format: 100% online
Preparing you for success
Upon graduation, you will have:
- Obtained 750 clinical hours, the last 300 of which are a synthesis of clinical courses where all of the didactic courses are completed.
- Demonstrated clinical competency in assessment and critical analysis of data to meet the needs of patients in multiple health care settings.
What sets our program apart?
Build on your professional expertise through advanced education in management of health conditions. EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as diagnosis and treatment of health disorders, health promotion, disease prevention, and health education and counseling.
- 8-week terms
- Multiple start dates
- Study any time, from anywhere
- No campus visits required
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best online graduate nursing programs in the country
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.
Download: MSN Student Handbook 2018 - 2019